Finite Rank Approximations for the Transfer Equation - FRATE
FRATE is a numerical solver written in C for the transfer equation
that intervenes in stellar atmosphere modeling
It contains three additional modules that
implement methods for reducing the problem when it is posed on a large domain:
- Interative refinement schemes : Atkinson, Brakhage and C schemes
- Asymptotic Domain Decomposition
- Kernel approximations (with a priori error estimation)
The algorithms implemented in FRATE are described and analysed in my PhD thesis :
Analyse et résolution numérique de l'équation de transfert.
Application aux atmosphères stellaires
- FRATE is based on finite rank approximation of integral operators
- Implements Projection and Product Integration approximations for both C0 and L1 spaces
- Regular or irregular discretisation grids
- Provides coherent approximations between grid nodes
- Provides residual estimation
Downloads / Licence
- Parameter estimation module (still in beta version)
- FRATE is available under the CeCILL licence
- Since FRATE is still a prototype code, you may contact me to configure it for your purpose
- FRATE Source code - June 2005
Bibliothèque d'Assimilation Lagrangienne Adaptée aux Séquences d'Images en Environnement - BALAISE
BALAISE is a library of Fortran90 routines that implement observation operators for Direct Image Sequences Assimilation as it is specified
in the following research report:
O. Titaud, A. Vidard, I. Souopgui, and F.-X. Le Dimet.
Assimilation of image sequences in numerical models.
Technical Report RR-6701, INRIA, October 2008.
Download / Licence
- During the validation stage of BALAISE, it is only available for the members of the ADDISA project at INRIAGforge
- BALAISE will be available under the CeCILL-C licence
- Documentation (in french)